A thorough understanding of the principles of helicopter flight and the knowledge required to operate safely and legally are essential parts of your helicopter training.
To accommodate the different needs and availability of students, Rotorvation offers several ways of conducting the theory component.
- Regular, full time, in-house theory courses which run on weekdays over a period of 10 weeks
- Part time evening courses are available to cater for those students who are not able to attend a full time course.
- Self-study for those students who want to go it alone. Rotorvation Helicopters can provide a correspondence package which includes self-study workbooks, power point presentations, and 14 hours revision time with an instructor.
- Students can avail themselves of individual tuition on an hourly basis. This can be useful for self-studiers who need help with the occasional problem area.
Students will work through Rotorvation’s theory workbook and have access to numerous revision questions and practice exams, both written and computer based. The information covered will thoroughly prepare the student to approach each exam with the necessary knowledge and confidence to pass first time.
The commercial syllabus covers seven subjects with an individual exam for each unit.
- Aircraft General Knowledge
- Flight Rules
- Helicopter Performance and Planning
- Human Performance and Limitations
There is one theory exam for the private licence covering all seven subjects. The seven PPL subjects are as per the CPL course but some subjects are not as in depth.